Websites Regarding Academic Achievement 1-20
1. LaSalle University (2004). Exam Study Skills. Retrieved from http://lasalle.limestone.on.ca/library/studyskills1.htm
This website gives viewers and readers tips and skills in order to get a good grade on an exam. They take you step by step before, during, and after the exam.
2. Trustees of Dartmouth College (2008). Academic Skills Center. Retrieved from http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/success/time.html
This website demonstrates to readers the advantages of time management, the importance of managing your time, and keys to managing your time.
3. Prentice Hall (2002). Time Management. Retrieved from http://www.prenhall.com/success/StudySkl/timemanage.html
This website shows readers the dangers of too much fun and partying on campus and the importance to balance out your time and to implement excellent time management skills.
4. Elmhurst College (2004). The Thirteen Points. Retrieved from http://www.elmhurst.edu/library/learningcenter/Note%20Taking%20Strategies/thirtee n_points.htm
This site focuses on the importance of note taking and contains a survey which tests how well your notes are and if you are preparing for your tests sufficiently.
5. College of Saint John’s University (2011). Lecture Note Taking. http://www.csbsju.edu/academic-advising/study-skills-guide/lecture-note-taking.htm
This website reviews the importance of taking notes, tips for taking notes, and goes through step-by step how to take good notes.
6. The College Board (2011). The Power of Study Groups. Retrieved from http://www.collegeboard.com/student/plan/high-school/50432.html
This website makes it clear that study groups do help and it explains the benefits and strengths of studying and worBryking together as a team.
7. Carolyn Hopper (2003). Ten Tips You Need to Survive College. Retrieved from http://frank.mtsu.edu/~studskl/10tips.html
This website gives readers ten tips to survive college. It is helpful because it focuses on the academic and social success of a college student.
8. Carolyn Hopper (2003). Memory Principles. Retrieved from http://frank.mtsu.edu/~studskl/mem.html
This website gives readers tips on memory fundamentals and teaches readers steps throughout the memory process. It gives them tips in remembering important information.
9. Bryant J. Williams (2009). Studying With the Doughnut On. Retrieved from http://www.heardworld.com/higgaion/?p=1296
This website is from the point of view of a religious teacher. He converses to readers the importance of studying and many other important aspects of studying.
10. Meg Keeley (1997). Test Taking Strategies. Retrieved from http://www.bucks.edu/~specpop/tests.htm
This website gives readers tips to studying before, during, and after the exam. It is extremely helpful because it gives descriptive details to each step.
11. Cod.edu (2010). Tips for Effective Study. Retrieved from http://www.cod.edu/people/faculty/fancher/study.htm
This website is an organized list of study tips for exams. It makes it clear to students how to study for a significant exam.
12. Steve Pavlina (2006). 10 Tips for College Students. Retrieved from http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/05/10-tips-for-college-students/
This website is a personal development site that illustrates ten tips on how to be a successful college student. His tips range from social to academic issues that college students deal with.
13. CollegeTips (2011). College Survival Guide. Retrieved from http://www.collegetips.com/
This website deals with advice for students on how to survive the struggles of college. It talks about a wide range of issues such as money and dormitories.
14. Randall Hanson (2010). 25 Tips on how to Survive and Thrive your Freshman Year. Retrieved from http://www.quintcareers.com/first-year_success.html
This site focuses solely on freshman year and highlights the struggles only freshman students deal with adjusting to the college environment.
15. About.com (2011). 8 College Student Time Management Skills. Retrieved from http://collegelife.about.com/od/academiclife/a/timemanagement.htm
This site deals with the issue of time management by college students. It goes through the 8 steps in making time management work in college.
16. Monster (2010). Resume Tips for College Students. Retrieved from http://career- advice.monster.com/resumes-cover-letters/resume-writing-tips/resume-tips-for- college-students/article.aspx
This website focuses on the important task of making a resume for future jobs of college students. It gives students five tips on how write a resume.
17. TheSmarterWallet (2008). Credit Management Tips for College Students. Retrieved from http://thesmarterwallet.com/2009/how-to-manage-debt-credit-management-tips- college-students/
This site teaches students how to manage their money in college. This is a big issue that affects a lot of college students around the world.
18. Washington State University (2011). Sleep Tips for College Students. Retrieved from http://counsel.wsu.edu/SleepTips
Although this is not a website that helps students grow professionally, it teaches a very important aspect of college which is sleep which relates to time management.
19. Laura Kienlen (2008). Tips for Shy College Students. Retrieved from http://theadventurouswriter.com/blog/tips-for-shy-college-students-with-introverted- personality-traits/
This is a website that helps students with their social conflicts that they may encounter during their college years.
20. Demand Media (2011). Organization Tips for College Students. Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/way_5242226_organization-tips-college-students.html
This website teaches organizational skills to students. It is very important that a college student is organized.
Websites Regarding Religion 21-40
21. BBC Religion (2011). Christianity. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/
This website gives readers basic information of Christianity including beliefs, ethics, and the history of Christianity. It gives readers a great understanding of Christianity.
22. Tracy Rich (2008). Welcome to Judaism 101!. Retrieved from http://www.jewfaq.org/index.htm
This website demonstrates the readers basic information of Judaism. It goes over very interesting aspects of Judaism such as the Hebrew Alphabet and the Jewish Calender.
23. Gyshe Gtaso (2007). About Buddhism. Retrieved from http://www.aboutbuddhism.org/
This website goes over the basics of Buddhism including the beliefs, history, and Buddhism today. It is a great overview of a lot of information.
24. Mandy Barrow (2006). Hinduism. Retrieved from http://www.woodlands- junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/religion/hinduism.htm
This is a hands-on, easy to follow website that gives readers a basic overview of the religion of Hinduism. It is easy to read and is very helpful.
25. B.A. Robinson (2010). Islam. The Second Largest Religion. Retrieved from http://www.religioustolerance.org/islam.htm
This website is an in-depth information site on the Islamic religion. It helps readers understand the basis and some specific information about Islams.
26. ReligionFacts(2011). Roman Catholicism. Retrieved from http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/denominations/catholicism.htm
This website goes over the practices, beliefs, and history of Roman Catholics. It explains that Catholic is a denomination and other major aspects of Roman Catholics.
27. GatewayforIndia (2005). Jainism. Retrieved from http://www.gatewayforindia.com/other_religions/jainism.htm
This website is an overview of the basics of Jainism, one of the world’s oldest world religions. It also gives links to other helpful websites regarding Jainism.
28. Sikhnet (2009). Introduction to Sikhism. Retrieved from http://fateh.sikhnet.com/s/SikhIntro
This website is an introduction to the beliefs of followers of the Sikhism religion. It mentions the ten sikh gurus and the making of the khalsa.
29. Philip Pscornio (2001). Philosophy of Religion. Retrieved from http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/pecorip/scccweb/etexts/phil_of_religion_text/chapter_2 _religions/taoism.htm
This website is an overview of China’s famous religion, Taoism. It goes over the history and mainly introduces many of the beliefs of Taoism.
30. ReligionFacts (2011). Orthodox Judaism. Retrieved from http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism/denominations/orthodox.htm
This website is a subgroup of Judaism and it illustrates many of the beliefs and differences of Orthodox Jews. It is a very helpful site.
31. David Dickerson (2005). Jewish Culture and History. Retrieved from http://ddickerson.igc.org/judaica.html
This website reviews the history and culture of the Jewish faith. It gives you different links to sites that can help you learn more about Judaism.
32. Catholic (2011). The Catholic Church for England and Wales. Retrieved from http://www.catholic-ew.org.uk/
This website is the official website for the Catholic church in England and Wales. It gives you basic information on the religion including Easter and Lent.
33. OCA (2011). The Orthodox Church in America. Retrieved from http://www.oca.org/
This website is the official website of the Orthodox church. It gives basic information as well as recent news from the Orthodox church.
34. Baptist (2011). The Home for All Baptists. Retrieved from http://www.baptist.org/
This site is the homepage for all Baptists. It has a lot of information on the religion and has many different categories you can browse through.
35. Sandeep Singh Brar (2003). The Sikhism Home Page. Retrieved from http://www.sikhs.org/topics.htm
This website gives basic information on the religion of Sikhism. It is a very interactive site that displays graphics and images.
36. Bahaii International Community (2011). The Bahaii Faith. Retrieved from http://www.bahai.org/
This site portrays the Bahaii faith and has many different subcategories in which you can browse through.
37. General Conference of Seventh Day Adventists (2011). Seventh Day Adventist Church. Retrieved from http://www.adventist.org/
This site allows viewers to be exposed to various information on this religion. It gives us additional information that was not given to us during the presentation.
38. United Church of Christ (2011). The United Church of Christ. Retrieved from http://www.ucc.org/
This website gives you basic information on the United Church of Christ.
39. University at Buffalo (2003). Islamic Thought. Retrieved from http://www.theology.ie/linksch.htm
This website gives you information on how the Islam religion followers think and what they believe in.
40. Himilayan Academy (2011). Hinduism Today Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.hinduismtoday.com/
This website gives news on Hinduism and other information that is relevant to the Hindu religion.